Unlike many ‘High Street’ laser clinics, Professor Sunil Shah can offer refractive surgery for almost any glasses or contact lens prescriptions. He has treated up to -27 Dioptres for shortsightedness and +14 Dioptres for longsightedness. He treats many complicated prescriptions that have been declined to be treated elsewhere.
He offers a variety of procedures: PRK, LASEK eye surgery, LASIK eye surgery, Phakic Intraocular Lenses (IoLs), clear lens extractions and refractive cataract surgery.
Professor Sunil Shah is an internationally recognised surgeon, teacher and examiner in the field of refractive surgery. Below is a list of some of his achievements:
- Vote by his peers to be in the ‘Top 100 most influential people in Ophthalmology in the world’
- Specialist advisor to British Standards Institute
- Specialist advisor to International Standards Organisation
- Past president of the British Society for Refractive Surgery
- International advisory panel for training in refractive surgery for the International Society for Refractive Surgery/American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Specialist advisor to the National Institute for Clinical Excellence
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists working party
- Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists refractive surgery examination
- Founder and senior tutor for e-learning course in refractive surgery at University of Ulster
- Widely published in the field of refractive surgery (see list of publications)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists guide to excimer laser surgery
Refractive Surgery Consultants